We’re searching for a Senior Programs Manager (SPM) who has proven management experience and the ability to effectively develop teams. As Senior Programs Manager, you will have the opportunity to manage program design, grants acquisition, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation processes, while working alongside the Country Director (CD) to support, coordinate, and provide leadership at our Samaritan’s Purse office in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
- Liaise between Samaritan’s Purse DRC and governmental authorities, UN agencies, other INGOs, NGOs, donors and Samaritan’s Purse Affiliates – representing Samaritan’s Purse DRC, obtaining information & resources, and facilitating collaboration.
- Supervise and manage Program Managers (PM) and Program Development Officer (PDO).
- Guide & empower PMs in their program leadership roles in order to meet programmatic objectives in ethical, timely, efficient, and cost-effective ways that are consistent with internal and external donor, and international standards.
- Support Deputy Country Director and PMs with coordination between programs and operations, in particular with Supply Chain and Base logistics to ensure that project requests are processed in a timely manner and project inputs are transported, received, stocked, distributed, used, and disposed of in accordance to project objectives and donor standards.
- In collaboration with CD, lead in the process of identifying new program initiatives.
- Lead the design process of concept papers and full proposals, and provide the final review of all proposals and concept notes prior to submission.
- Facilitate successive and continuous program development with high standards in appropriateness, timeliness, and effectiveness of sector programs for sustainability, donor compliance, and accountability.
- Provide CD regular updates and reports about programs, and ensure that reports to donors, headquarters, and other stakeholders are submitted in a timely manner.
- Review program finance reports, analyzing the information, and providing useful feedback to PMs and Finance Manager regarding program activity & spending.
- Visit program field sites to encourage leaders, provide staff support, address challenges, and explore potential new program opportunities.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university plus three to four years of experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English.
- Ability to read, speak and write in French.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and international field experience in managing multi-million USD humanitarian grants through institutional donors such as USAID, IHA, ECHO, and DFID.
- Experience in program design, developing proposals, M&E documents, work-plans, budgets and other design documents.
- Experience working in developing world context.
- Experience in managing program staff and implementation.
- Proven competence to manage staff cross-culturally.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL – EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE – EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION – EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY – EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH – EXPECT God to do the impossible
Published on 11/01/2020
Deadline date on 31/01/2020
Pour postuler, cliquez sur le lien :