My client is an NGO in the Conservation Sector looking for a Senior Financial Manager to be based in one of their National Park in DRC. This position will report into the Park General Manager with a functional reporting into the Finance Regional Manager and will have a team of about 10 people reporting into her/him.
- The National Park receives numerous grants from multiple sources and the correct utilisation of these grants is essential, including:
- Organising or participating in grant start-up workshops ;
- Ensuring that grant administration processes are being adhered to by the park;
- Ensuring that there is the coding of grants received into serenic (accounting software) to enable automatic financial reporting;
- Reviewing grant allocations on a monthly basis to ensure that the utilization is correct ;
- Ensuring that there is the reconciling the undrawn funds of each park and repay disbursements on a quarterly basis ;
- Reviewing and/or preparing financial grant reports ;
Accounting and Reporting:
- Supervise the recording, classifying and summarising of the financial transactions of the park and ensure the proper update and maintenance of the accounts to ensure that the accounting system provides the basis for an efficient financial information system for both internal and external users that it is compliant with internationally accepted accounting principles, legal and statutory requirements of the country ;
- Review and provide guidance and coaching to accounting staff ensuring accuracy, correctness and completeness of transactions recorded;
- Ensure the timeliness of required financial reports to project managers, donors, government partners and Board Members are met ;
- Prepare periodic reports of financial performance and discuss with HOD’s.
- Ensuring legal and taxation compliance
Treasury and Cash Management :
- Conduct treasury planning ;
- Liaises with banks to ensure best rates on forex, transfers, bank charges etc.
Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting Reporting:
- Assist in the planning and budgeting for the park / project, take the lead in the financial plans and budgets, and ensure that the assumptions, parameters, guidelines and policies in planning are complied with;
- Review and monitor budget performance of the park / project and provide recommendations;
- Provide cost data of the various resource inputs to park / project personnel to prepare and update budget;
- Assist the Park Manager and other PMU staff by providing guidance on compliance with donors’ guidelines and the provisions of donor agreements.
- Will supervise the various audits that are undertaken at a park level. This includes both statutory and grant audits
Skills and experience:
- This is a bilingual position. Fluency in French (written and speaking) is mandatory
- Experience within a senior finance role within central africa
- Has demonstrated good leadership skills
- Has an MBA, Chartered Accountancy, CIMA or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years managerial experience
- Has worked within projects which are funded by institutional donors
- Has managed a minimum budget of US$15m
Published on 14/01/2020