PAD is a small, but fast-growing global non-profit that uses tech, data science and behavioral economics to provide targeted information to farmers in developing countries. Providing the right information to the right people, in the right way and at the right time, increases incomes, protects the environment and improves well-being. We are evidence-based: we test our interventions with randomised control trials to prove our impact and cost effectiveness, to simultaneously learn from and improve our service, and also to demonstrate our value to funders and partners. There are few programmes in international development that are as demonstrably cost-effective as ours. We currently work in seven countries in Africa and Asia, and we are expanding as more governments and organisations look for innovative ways to use new technologies to get information to people across the developing world.
We are looking for a driven, creative and independent person to join a high-performing flexible team. As a Project Associate you will support PAD research and operations in Rwanda pertaining to the delivery of digital coffee agronomy advisory services to small landowning coffee farmers.
You will work in a non-hierarchical team and have opportunities to work closely with PAD and affiliated researchers and substantially contribute to PAD’s research programs that test new ideas and measure their impacts.
Rwandan citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Project Associate will be responsible for the following main tasks;
- Support and manage SMS and/or voice platforms to disseminate information to small holder coffee farmers via their mobile phones
- Hire, train and supervise local staff;
- Organize and oversee data collection for focus groups and phone surveys, including resourcing language translation;
- Develop and update project documentation regularly;
- Assist in managing partner relations and working with external stakeholders for implementation of field operations;
- Develop and execute workplan objectives and report progress and issues to the East Africa team in a timely manner;
- Work with PAD team to ensure that all projects and operations adhere to policies, protocols, and timelines
- Meet all deadlines and expectations laid out in the Project Associate’s workplan and promptly communicate issues or barriers resulting in delay of completion.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, public policy, agriculture, economics or other related field.
- At least 2 years demonstrated professional work experience in one or more of the following areas: project management, research, or coffee agronomy.
- Competent computer skills including typing, emailing, and navigating operating systems
- Previous experience in data collection, survey administration, or conducting focus groups
- Previous experience in stakeholder relations including government entities
- Strong written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda skills
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- A master’s degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge and experience with cleaning, monitoring, and basic analysis commands in Stata or R
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the Rwandan coffee industry in both coffee agronomy and the cooperative sector
- Experience working with Rwandan coffee farmers or cooperatives
- Experience working for the Rwandan government
- Full time
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Compensation: commensurate with experience
To apply, please visit the PAD website and use the online application form. The job position will be available until 1st February 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply, please follow the link below: